Also, there are newer drugs that are being tested, but are not as far along, that are polymerase inhibitors, ironically also abbreviated PI. I don't know the names of these but I am pretty sure there are some people on the forum that participated in trials and attained SVR.
HI! PI stands for "protease (PRO-TEE-ACE) inhibitor". There are two particularly promising drugs of this sort that should be approved and available late next year. elaprevir and Bocepravir are the most notable and the ones expected to be available soon. They have a much more promising success rate than interferon and ribavirin alone. Correct me if I am wronb, but I think you treated once and relapsed with interferon and were unable to complete a socond treatment, no? Since I am a relapser, I am planning on trying the new drugs when they are avalable.
Great that you have time to wait. Do you think you will try to treat again when the new PI drugs are available? Perhaps you can avoid the transplant.
Congratulations on the marriage! I am doing just fine, but i am curious how you are doing. Are you still looking at MELD scores? It has been a while and I was wondering if anything had changed, progressed. Does it look like the TP is in your future. I know you were taken off tx. I relapsed after 84 weeks of it, so I think I'll try something else next time :-).
Forgive me if I am prying. Just tell me to stuff it if I am. I have a thick skin. If not, maybe you could give me an update in PM or note.
Thanks and good luck - Brent
Long time no hear. Hope you are doing well. If you are OK with it I think it would be nice to hear how you are doing. Heard about your MELD score a long time ago and wondered how that was going.
You are in my thoughts and prayers. Thanks so much! I'm blessed to have a wonderful life, prayers and support.
Thank you for everything! I was a little surprised, but grateful, to receive your note. Is it rude to ask why you are praying for me? I need prayers, definitely, just wondered if it was because I discussed my recent neck surgery or something else........Regardless, I'm thrilled to have prayers, hope this wasn't becaused you pushed the wrong button!
Hi rkw, I was going to post but didn't want to look stupid to Everyone here! My question to you is why do you have to wait? Why can you not just say I want to go through the new tx? Esp if you have insurance the side effects can be minimized. Did you have a test for a cancer marker? That would be the only reason I could think of they wouldn't let you try the Peg/Rib tx. I also used pain killers and xanax for pain and sleep. The depression was unreal but antidepressants don't sit well with me. I wish you light love and laughter and will put you in my prayers. Maybe a new dr? :) love your cat btw