ADD / ADHD Community
i have a question.. I am sorry if I maybe repeating it, if someone has already addressed it..

When I was younger I was diagnosed with both ADD/ADHD I was on Ritalin, (chewables) i remember spitting them out.. but I was wondering if it is possible to still have ADD as an adult.. I find myself not paying attention at times, starting one task then moving to another always having one or more tasks not finished.. If so what can be done to help me with this and can I be re-diagnosed?.. I am not sure if this makes any sense at all.. sorry
COMMUNITY LEADER

Yes, it is very possible to still have ADD as an adult.  "current opinion indicates that many children will continue throughout life with symptoms that may affect both occupational and social functioning. Some medical researchers note that approximately 40%-50% of ADHD-hyperactive children will have (typically non-hyperactive) symptoms persist into adulthood."  From  http://www.rxlist.com/attention_deficit_hyperactivity_disorder_adhd/article.htm#tocb
        It can be re-diagnosed by a doctor - which you would have to do if you wanted to try medication.  However, there are some very good sites aimed at the adult ADD person that give a lot of information and coping skills.  Two sites aimed at the adult ADD sufferer that you might want to check out are totallyadd.com and http://jeffsaddmind.com/for-first-time-visitors.
          Both sites are done by people with ADD.  totallyadd was actually a PBS special and consequently is a series of short videos.  Quite entertaining and useful.   Jeffs add mind really reflects him.  Has much more adult interaction.  Both are worth checking out.
       Hope this helps.  Please feel free to post again if you have any more questions.