ADD / ADHD Community

ADHD and Bipolar

Last week I was finally diagnosed as ADHD/Bipolar after years of being misdiagnosed as depression. (My new psychiatrist said it's not uncommon because most bipolars only seek treatment for the depressive episodes). I have an appointment next week hopefully to start meds. Does anyone have experience with meds for both?
I have been taking meds. for Bipolar since I was 18, I am currently 35.  I have had to experiment with so many prescription meds. due to me becoming immune to the meds. Now that you have a doctor it would be a trial and error situation. Sometimes you have to take more than one pill it just depends on how well your symptoms decrease while you are trying the meds for the first time.