A
A
A
Close
ADD / ADHD Community
3.37k Members
12451 tn?1210020005

ADHD and ODD

I need some help my 9 year old daughter had been diagnosed with ADHD and ODD (Oposition Defiant Disorder) and I'm losing my mind. She has seen numerous psychyotrists(sp) and I can't seem to find out how to help her. She is very hateful, to me her siblings and such. She doesnt like to be told to do anything, most of the time when she gets home from school she stays in her room if she is not fighting with her brother and sister. Name calling, yelling, doesnt like to do anything unless it pertains to her. Now when she is in a good mood she is very loving and will do anything for you but thats slim and none. I'm lost I have been told that she is depressive, anxiety and that it is hereditary which I have depression anxiety and bipolar 2 but her mood swings are out of control. Just this morning she exploded on me because I told her to get ready for school and that she was gonna miss the bus because she was lolly gagging around she had her door locked and wouldnt let me in. She started throwing things around and got ticked off and stomped out the door to the bus. I know that my symptoms dont help hers but mine are in control she sets me off when she gets in her moods. I just dont know what to do anymore.
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Top Children's Development Answerers
189897 tn?1441130118
San Pedro, CA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
What to expect in your growing baby
Is the PS3 the new Prozac … or causing ADHD in your kid?
Autism expert Dr. Richard Graff weighs in on the vaccine-autism media scandal.
Could your home be a haven for toxins that can cause ADHD?