ADD / ADHD Community

ADHD and medications limited by insurance plan

what are new 2015 FDA regulations for stimulant medications?    The insurance companies are using this 'new regulation' as a way to limit the quantity of medications for ADD/ADHD.  I have yet to find any new changes for stimulant medications in FDA guidelines that limits # of pills per month.  The original marketing guidelines for all medications are no absolute but indicates the highest dose of medication that showed efficacy (and no detrimental side effects)during trials submitted to the FDA when attempting to get the drug approved for marketing.
Please advise if there are new changes from FDA for schedule II drugs.
COMMUNITY LEADER
      Good question.  I always heard that the doctor would be able to submit paperwork to get clearance for an above normal prescription.   Have you talked with your doc about doing so?