ADD / ADHD Community
3.38k Members
I was diagnosed with ADD at the beginning of my undergraduate career about 5 yrs ago. I wanted to treat the symptoms with therapy techniques rather then taking medication for it. I felt I had a fairly good handle on treating the problem through undergrad, but now im in a challenging graduate program & my techniques haven't proven to be as effective. What is the best medical route for me to take to as the next step?
1 Responses
189897 tn?1441126518
Congratulations to you for graduating!  Its not easy with ADD.
Best medical route is a psychiatrist specializing in ADHD or ADD.  But that might be a bit pricey (the best always is).  I would start by seeing what your college medical services offer.  You also might look into what counseling they have.  It is also possible that you qualify for special consideration during tests, etc. due to your ADD.  So there is a variety of ways to go.

Also there are some very cool technologies out there that might liven up your studying.  The pen that actually transcribes your writing as you write into a memory stick which can be downloaded to a computer - which could then orally repeat all back to you is just one example.
   Good Luck
Have an Answer?
Top Children's Development Answerers
189897 tn?1441126518
San Pedro, CA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
What to expect in your growing baby
Is the PS3 the new Prozac … or causing ADHD in your kid?
Autism expert Dr. Richard Graff weighs in on the vaccine-autism media scandal.
Could your home be a haven for toxins that can cause ADHD?