I just got recently diagnosed with Adult ADHD and started the treatment process. My doctor put me on adderall XR Oral (but on the bottle it says amphetamine salts). I know that there is usually a feeling out process when it comes to ADHD and the various treatments. However, I have hypertension and in my research, I've noticed that this is not recommended for people with hypertension. I started taking it on Saturday and noticed that my blood pressure, (that I was being treated for with atenlol and lisinopril) shot up to about 160/100 on average. This has me obviously concerned. I've noticed the difference in my overall behavior and concentration but the spike in blood pressure makes me nervous.
So my questions are this:
1. (and I think I know the answer to this) should I really be concerned yet?
2. Are there recommended treatments for people with ADHD and hypertension?
3. What medications should I look into with my physician?
4. Could increaseing my dosage on my blood pressure medication maybe reduce the effect of the adderall?
5. Is there any blood pressure medication that could help?