ADD / ADHD Community

Can't take ADD meds anymore...alternatives?

I had an allergic reaction to both, Adderall and Vyvanse, and my body refuses to metabolize these type of drugs properly. What do I do now?  Just take Wellbutrin XL 150 for life?  I'm a total disaster at work w/out the stimulants.

Anyone knows of alternatives?  I do take Omega-3s, vitamins, acetyl l-carnitine etc.
COMMUNITY LEADER
   Strattera is a non stimulant med used for ADHD.  Whether or not it would be effective for you, I don't know.
   This site lists almost all possible treatment options.  Although for some reason, I couldn't find Strattera listed, so you need to google that.  The site is http://www.healing-arts.org/children/ADHD/medications.htm
   And the following site also lists (with info) non stimulant meds (they do mention strattera).   http://www.baltimorepsych.com/NonStimulants.htm

Hope this helps.
Strattera, Adderall XR, Vyvanse, and Daytrana are medications I have taken, my brother takes Concerta. Vyvanse and Adderall XR are the only meds I can take. I have a real sensitive stomach and immune system, and am allergic to a lot so I would think that you can handle most of these. The best working were the Daytrana, Adderall XR, and Vyvanse, and the Adderall you are taking may be different than what I take(XR) The other Adderall hurt my stomach and made me sick if I didn't eat, but I have no problem with the XR.

The allergic reactions that have been evident in most:
Strattera: Major allergy, got sick the first week of taking it
Daytrana: I found out I was allergic to latex from the Daytrana patch and broke into a rash.
Adderall(non XR): missed breakfast one morning and threw up at school.

Hope you find a medication, I know it was hard for me.
COMMUNITY LEADER
   Nice advice! Thank you for your personal knowledge, and thanks for getting involved!
COMMUNITY LEADER
  Opps, I meant the last post to be addressed to KatNipper