ADD / ADHD Community

Dominant eye? "Soft" neurological symptoms?

I am teacher's mother.  61 and ADHD.  I benefit from medication but can't afford it now.  She is also ADHD.  There is a theory that this situation has a connection with L-dopa.  My mother had Parkinson's, which is an L-dopa situation.  I know others who had Parkinson's parents and ADHD children.  More than a coincidence, I think.  So, very much a biological situation.  And genetic.  

I was told when teacher was young that ADHD kids sometimes exhibit "soft" neurological symptoms.  She DID show positive on some.  However, I've never heard this mentioned anywhere else.  Anyone heard this?

Also, a friend had read 30 years ago of a chiropractor who claimed to be able to help.  People have a dominant hand and the foot and eye are also the same side dominant.  This chiropractor claimed that ADHD people have the dominant eye on the wrong side and claimed to be able to switch the eye dominance to the correct side and that would fix the ADHD.         Well, I am right handed and footed, but left eyed.  Teacher is the opposite, and this friend's kids were right handed and footed but left eyed.  And I have spoken to several adults who were ADHD and when I brought up this dominance idea, they all had the same situation.  So again----coincidence?--no, I think not.  But I don't know anyone who used the chiropractor---he was too far from my friend to use, but she wanted to try it.  Desperate is the word.

I have never spoken to anyone else, including Drs.,  who have heard of the dominant situation.  Nor have I read about it, but it definitely exists.  And along with the "soft" neurological symptoms,  these are physical signs of ADHD.  So, is the medical community ignoring these as far-fetched?

Has anyone heard of the dominant eye or "soft" neurological symptoms?  Or check out the eyes and let me know if yours is "off."

I listened to a women speak on this at our homeschool convention.  Her website is hope-future.org.  Very interesting stuff!!!