ADD / ADHD Community
3.38k Members
Avatar universal

How to get tested for ADD/ADHD

I'm 23 years old now but I've always struggled with concentration and the ability to stay seated for too long and I get easily distracted by the things around me, it affects my schoolwork and social life and I want to know how can I know for sure that I have ADD/ADHD
2 Responses
189897 tn?1441126518
    I would check out this link.  It covers both ADD and ADHD.  Read the symptoms for both of the links in green at the top of the page by clicking on them.  The site is  - http://www.help4adhd.org/en/about/what
  If it feels possible that you have one or the other, then the next thing is to find a doctor.  The link also has on the right side ways to do this.  If you are enrolled in a college I could also talk with either your counselor or the medical staff.  This is something that they are used to dealing with.  If you do go in to see the doc, I would print out the list of symptoms that you relate to so you will have information to talk about.
   Finally, feel free to ask if you need any more information.  Best wishes.
Avatar universal
You first need to confirm that you are having ADHD, and go through this link for knowing the symptoms:
And, if you think that you are also having some of these symptoms then you can consult with a mental health expert.
Have an Answer?
Top Children's Development Answerers
189897 tn?1441126518
San Pedro, CA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
What to expect in your growing baby
Is the PS3 the new Prozac … or causing ADHD in your kid?
Autism expert Dr. Richard Graff weighs in on the vaccine-autism media scandal.
Could your home be a haven for toxins that can cause ADHD?