Aa
A
A
A
Close
ADD / ADHD Community
3.38k Members

Inattentive Adhd and Anxiety

I am 42 recently saw a Dr. for symptoms although I have suspected adhd or add for years. I saw a Dr. finally because my symptoms were really starting to affect daily life. I told her I thought I may have alzhiemers because I could not remember anything or focus on important things, I have always felt like I was dumber than other people, have never been able to pay attention well, all my life I have been told I zone out (which I do) that Im an air head, a "real blonde". Have always felt tired and have had no motivation. Been on anti depressents for depression on and off for years. There have been times when I have been really depressed and they have definatly helped but they have never given me motivation like I wish I had so that I could go to college and and have a real career. while in  grade school thru middle school counselors would tell me I had tested high on aptitude tests but I would always been failing my classes.  I have always, seriously as far back as I can remember, had this nagging feeling that I can never get anything accomplished, always unorganized. My house looks clean as long as you dont look into drawers or closets. I can never keep what I need to do straight! I totally procrastinate all of the time,  I have always had problems paying bills even though, for the most part, money was not an issue. It was in the bank, I just never made the bills out. I have had 23 jobs since I was 16 and have gotten fired or quit all of them. I have always had the  overwhelming feeling of not being able to focus, concentrate, accomplish anything, or follow through on things.
When I was in my mid 20's I was given some Methamphtimene and it was the most wonderful thing I had ever felt. For the first time in my life My brain Worked and I felt normal! I continued to to Meth and it was great for about 2 years then Of course I started abusing it and my life fell apart. I have been clean from Meth for 4 years.
For a year now I have been taking Wellburtin Sr 150 twice a day. I started taking it because I was obsessing about food and had gained 35 pounds and was steadly gaining more. Went to dr and she put me on the Wellbutrin sr 150. I have lost 35 pounds but have always felt the medication made me have bad anxiety.
This past week the dr gave me an AdHd test and I scored a 91, she said anything above a 71 was extreme adhd. She gave me 30 mg of Vyvanse to start out. I have taken it for a couple of days but It makes me feel weird and I guess I can focus better ( i am sitting her writing this long letter) but I have NO energy. just feel ugh and little nervous. ( like I did in last stages of my meth use). I dont feel "depressed" or hopeless. I just feel Dumb and insecure because people  look at me as lazy and stupied. I have been reading alot of adhd boards and feel I definatly have the Inattentive adhd. I wish I was hyeractive then I might possibly get something done. I really need some help and any advise on my issue would be greatly appreciated.
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Top Children's Development Answerers
189897 tn?1441126518
San Pedro, CA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
What to expect in your growing baby
Is the PS3 the new Prozac … or causing ADHD in your kid?
Autism expert Dr. Richard Graff weighs in on the vaccine-autism media scandal.
Could your home be a haven for toxins that can cause ADHD?