ADD / ADHD Community

RE: ADHD

They started him on Ritalin over a year ago, He didnt do well with that his heart started to race and he acted funny so I called the Dr. and took him off of it imediatly  then they put him on adderal and he didnt have the problems with his heart but after about 3 or 4 months he started developing tics and so he was diagnosed with Tourette's syndrome and  then given Chlonidine and when given the Chlonidine  he slept all day and night of course again the Dr. says oh thats normal he needs to get used to it but I couldnt let him take it anymore so I  only gave it to him at bedtime and the Dr. had a fit and said he needed it during the day but I did not give it to him I feel the meds are to dangerous for children and so I found another Dr.  I took him off all his meds and for 3 weeks he has been a crazy and out of control so the new Dr. wants to put him back on the meds I am totally against it and I am alone in this everyone else wants him on them... I guess I was hoping someone could offer me some suggestions on another method  I was thinking Chiropractic care or seeing a natualist.. for the DNA profile and vitamins and things..
               Please any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!
                                       Thank You
In an earlier post I think you mentioned that his teacher at school says he's fine-- nothing unusual in his behavior.

I think you also mentioned that he is fine around other people, including his grandparents-- and its just at home that he is having trouble.  

One of the criteria used to diagnose ADHD is that a child must display the problems in at least two settings-- such as home and school, or daycare and home-- or something like that. If I am reading what you wrote properly, your child only displays problems at home.

If that is the case, then it would seem to me that the ADHD diagnosis needs to be revisisted.
If he is behaving with such violence and anger, I would suggest that you seek the help of a child psychiatrist for another diagnosis-- to determine what the root cause of his behavior issues are.