ADD / ADHD Community

add

can add cause severe depression, hallucinations and insomnia
Hi,  severe depression is a chemical imbalance in the brain that can result in insomnia.  Being severly deprived of sleep can result in hallucinations.  Someone with ADD can have this but it is a disorder in and of itself.  I hope you are not suffering from this.
Well I dont think it causes hallucinations, but it can definitely cause depression and insomnia. I have gone through both, they are comorbidities  of ADD. The depression can spring up out of the life problems that ADD causes and the predisposition many of us have for the chemical imbalances of Depression. The insomnia I went through felt like I just couldnt turn off my thoughts, my mind was racing and I wasnt able to sleep. I dont often have that problem anymore, it was mostly as a kid.