ADD / ADHD Community

adderoll. XR.. bad symptoms?

adderoll has completely changed my life... ive been so intrested in school since i started.. and cannot wait for college and to become a doctor. but when i play soccer it makes me soo dizzy and so dehydrated. HELP?!
Make sure you are eating regularly, include protein (chicken, beef, lots of fish) and when you are doing sports, you will need extra hydration because you are more susceptable to overheating on Adderall.  Drink sports drinks without phosphoric acid (if possible) and make sure they have some sugar in them.  Also, as you adjust to the drug, you will no longer feel these side effects as much.

PS.  the dizziness is low blood sugar so have a meal replacement bar or eat some gummy bears or m&m's before you play.  I used to do this before I would run long distances and it helps!
Please listen to me.... By the way, I can't believe that I’m actually on one of these discussion sites, I was just looking for solutions to my problem, and hope to stop you before you create one for yourself.  
Regardless of the fact that I am anonymous, I want you to listen because I hope to save people from this terrible addiction one day; I hope to save lots of people.  It’s such an unintentional addiction for the people that start taking it , and these people are the naive sweet and innocent, who are made to believe by society that we need to transform our lives to live up to a certain social standards, or ideals.  These are also the people that are being suckered into the addiction by our nation’s ******* government’s lack of drug regulation.  Certain doctor’s have corrupted their ability to utilize their educations in a way to harm people, and people need to take it upon themselves to do what you did .EDUCATE YOURSELF, and ask questions before you believe that people’s claim is ultimately the truth.  With enough information you can determine what’s right for you.  The only reason I am here taking the time out is to inform those that if they are addicted they aren’t alone, and if you’re not, which I’m sure you are if you are on it for more than a month, to get the hell off!!
I am a 23 year old woman.  When I was a child, I was tested over and beyond my intelligence range in comparison to the children my same age bracket, in turn, had a physiological chemical off -balance.  I was diagnosed with OCD, ADHD, ABC, DEF, you name it!!!  I had it.   My mother wasn't for putting me on medications; she was afraid of the damage it would place on my liver.   I was extremely young when I was diagnosed by the way.  Growing up I was an amazing athlete with lots of drive, I played soccer, in addition to always party with my friends.  I was also a great student; I practiced cognitive behavioral therapy, at the University of Pennsylvania, which promoted a Holistic approach of looking at typical disorders that children are labeled with.  The majority of what they did for me focused on correcting problems that coincide physiologically and physically as opposed to taking a pill.
About 2 1/2 years ago, I started taking Adderral XR 10 mg twice a day; I am currently taking 30 mg of Adderral XR 2 times a day. XR stands for Extended Release.   Sometimes, if I have that paper that I have been putting off due tomorrow, I’ll pop an extra.  But recently whether it’s a paper,  late night of drinking, extra computer time, , I’ll take one before bed and 2 the next day, note that is 150 mg in my body on occasion…”Where is my doctor in this picture?” you ask.  Right, the one responsible for monitoring me, making sure that I am ok with the side effects and such, picture this.  
I am currently a Business major, in school still, finishing up in may/June. I have now been prescribed 60 mg of adderral XR a day for the past 2 years. Maybe I’m in denial, or maybe I don’t know, but I have never been addicted to anything in my life, not drugs, not cigarettes, and now I’m stuck on both.  
When I hit college I had just started seeing this new doctor.  He was funny and energetic (probably b/c he was prescribing himself a thing or two) Well, naturally I liked him.  He made me trust him.  He started me off on Straterra , to correct my never dissolving issue of ADHD.  I personally knew nothing would work, except me working on myself. According to everyone else, nothing had worked, as I’m sure he was already aware of, oh yeah, did I mention I didn’t and still don’t have health insurance, and he was charging a college kid almost a hundred dollars a visit, so that he could do “follow ups”,?  **** ups is what he should have called all of those visits.  
Next, came the big BANG!!!!!!!!!!  This was essentially the biggest downfall of my life.  I am emotionally mentally and physically crippled because of this man.    He wound up hooking me into this addiction, made tons of money off of the college girl for himself and the Pharmacy industry of good ol’ America.  I had to work an extra job in college just to pay for all the meds, and in the moment, thought truthfully that I needed it to make me better, but by the time I realized what it was doing to me, I was so sucked in that I didn’t have time to think or worry about what to do to make me better.  “Where is he now”?  You ask?  
He began cancelling apts. To the point that I would have to just show up there, and the drive to his office, is in my hometown, 2 hours away.  I never knew how crazy it was to have to drive all the way to his office to get him, because I never stepped outside of myself, or outside of my box, self centered is what I am, but not in a selfish non giving way, in a way that I worry so much about myself.  This drug has created so many added problems with my disorder and with me that I absolutely cannot move out of bed without it.  You have no idea what withdraw from this drug is like.  I feel like a crack head, and yet I never asked for any of this.  I have never  voluntarily took this to get messed up, because I don’t have an addictive personality, but when a doctor prescribes you meds at 20 years old, you want to believe what he is giving you is legitimate.
This has been a growing issue in everywhere in my life.  I don’t have the same feelings I did before this drug.  I find it really hard to be happy.  I used to always smile, and laugh, my last episodes of this behavior where before this drug came into my life.  I have no interest in sex, boys, and by the way, I am good looking, I can say that, because trust me, it’s not a feeling of satisfaction, in fact, I have boys throw themselves at me, and don’t care, nor want to associate with them.
I think of suicide a lot, I mean at least like twice a day, the only reason I don’t do it is because I think of what it would do to the people I matter to.  I mean the real people like my mom, my family, my friends, just because I can’t feel doesn’t mean they can’t.  
I am crying while writing this letter right now, but that’s the only emotion that I seem to possess anymore, feelings of fear, worry, failure, and my future.  I don’t care about things women my age are doing, I care about how I’m going to make the most money, have the nicest things, but really I have never been that way.  The drug has made me manic, but subconsciously I know that, so I keep myself in check.  If you don’t want Jeckle and Hyde to argue inside of your brain with you as the middle man in, then stay away from this ****.  
I have to end this by telling you that this doctor refused to take anymore appointments from me.  I felt like I was a drug attic whose drug dealer was running away from them.  He would tell the secretaries in the office to say that he wasn’t there.   I would be in bed for days on end waiting for my mother, who by the way was never aware of the severity of my addiction, nor the existence, to go to his office and pickl the prescriptions up for me, because he made me feel like a lunatic.  I knew I needed the prescription but did not have the knowledge, courage, or dignity to go myself and tell him how I felt.  
I am now with another doctor up at school, who just today told me that my doctor sent him a letter stating that I corrupted the prescription and he had to dismiss me as his patient. (Not in fact the truth) This is the news that I received about a half hour ago.  So, I’m sure this is just another issue I need to deal with.  STAY AWAY ANYONE WHO READS THIS….
I agree with everything genuine203 said and then some. Here is my horror story. I started taking adderall 9 years ago. It has completely destroyed me. The most addictive thing out there. before i knew it i was addicted and needing more before i knew it i was doctor shopping. i had absolutely no problem getting more than 20 doctors to prescribe to me. not all at once but i had at least 4-5 going at a time. The only one that ever tested me was my original doctor. They all believed me when i told them i was add and i took adderall. I ended up in troble with the law at the age of 40. I had never even so much as had a speeding ticket. first time offense I was given 10 yrs probation for prescription fraud. those ten yrs were a struggle failed ua's extensions to the duration of my probation. finally after 14 yrs i have one month to go. I am now off adderall but it took the entire first 13 yrs to do it. Still today i miss adderall everyday. It felt like i buried my bestfriend. it has been a yr and i still don't know day to day if i will be successful. it is overwhelming how powerful this addiction has been and still the battles in my head everyday are stuch a struggle. i pray i survive this disease of addiction. i sure thought by now and working a program faithfully it would not be such a daily struggle. please you do not want to start adderall. i never considered myself an addictive person what so ever. but this medicine took hold of me the first pill i swallowed. I do not understand why it is on the market still. You can not convince me that a single person can take it and take it as prescribed. Everyone will abuse it. They may not admit it but the do.  What you said about having Jeckel and Hyde in your head and you in the middle, well I couldn't have said it any better. The battle in my head everyday is so overwhelming. Yes people can heal in recovery, but this goes beyond behavioral choices. This medication does something to your brain and you simply have no control over the mental war that plays out everyday, no matter how many behaviors you change..no matter how may steps you work...no matter how many meetings you attend...no matter how honest you are in working your recovery. You can not control the effects this medicine does to your mental being. I am so so sorry for people whos stories I read, like me they just had no idea. They trusted their doctors. My doctors they didn't care about my health. in all 13 years not one of the more than 20 doctors ever asked me how the medicine was working for me. Not a single ONE! They collect their office visit fee charge your insurance ungodly amounts to spend 1 min in the room with you write something on a piece of paper and walk out the door. healthcare reform not in this lifetime. Nobody cares