adhd and hand flapping

hi, i have a almost 7 year old boy. he had been diagnosed with adhd and odd. he had been on meds for a few years now with dramatically improved his behaviour for the better. i have a few concerns. he always flaps his arms. and no matter how much i tell him to stop it is as thoe he connot. why? also he is very intellegent, but when asked a direct question he answers 20 other things and you must re ask the question 20 times. can you help me with my biggest concern the hand flapping
Read more
Follow
Upvote - 0
The arm flapping is a self-stimulating behavior. Talk to your child's behavioral health specialist about that. Sometimes it takes a while to get the right dose of the right med. Unfortunately, the unique chemistry of each individual and their response to a med that is designed to balance chemistry can make medical treatment a bit of a crap shoot. He may need more medication or if he is at the max amount and the desired response is not achieved, another med might be indicated. Hang in there. I feel our pain. I have (2) 7 year olds, one with ADD and the other with ADHD, ODD , OCD, and anxiety.... I am running the gauntlet.