I think anyone can seek out a second opinion. The intuitve is a non stimulant so I bet it wont cause the tics and it builds up in the system and lasts longer so maybe it will be more under control for your son good luck and keep us updated on his prpogress
ADD drugs are uppers. But they do not act as uppers for the patient who has ADD. For your son they are acting as uppers. I question whether he has ADD. I agree with the previous entry. Get a second opinion.
intuitive is an add right on this page on top look at it new drug non stimulant. My son is gonna be reevaluated for another mood disorder but his meds work fine . I give them to him at 6:30a.m. they where of in 10 hours. So yes by the time he gets home its where off and I refuse to up his dose so I deal with the hyperactivity myself on weekends after school. he has a afternoon pill but It is for homework. his doc gave the go ahead to give his meds when I like I dont have to get them everyday.
Read the Patient Information that comes with INTUNIV™ before you start taking it and each time you get a refill. There may be new information. This leaflet does not take the place of talking with your doctor about your medical condition or your treatment.
What is INTUNIV™?
INTUNIV™ is a prescription medicine used to treat the symptoms of attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).
INTUNIV™ is not a central nervous system (CNS) stimulant.
INTUNIV™ should be used as a part of a total treatment program for ADHD that may include counselling or other therapies.
It is not known if INTUNIV™ is effective:
• for use longer than 9 weeks
It is not known if INTUNIV™ is safe or effective:
• in children younger than 6 years old
• in adults
What should I tell my doctor before taking INTUNIV™?
Before you take INTUNIV™, tell your doctor if you:
• have heart problems or a low heart rate
• have fainted
• have low blood pressure
• have liver or kidney problems
• have any other medical conditions
• are pregnant or plan to become pregnant. It is not known if INTUNIV™ will harm your unborn baby. Talk to your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant.
• are breast-feeding or plan to breast-feed. It is not known if INTUNIV™ passes into your breast milk. You and your doctor should decide if you will take INTUNIV™ or breastfeed
heres the link to the intuitve. It builds up in the system so the effects are more stable and can last days with missed doses good luck:)