ADD / ADHD Community

should I be worried!

Help! My 4 year old will not eat, especially at dinner. She has been soo very tired lately, but will not nap; has been biting her nails till they bleed (I have tried everything, really!); and she also has asthma and is on an inhaler and singular! I do not know what to do!

I am a bit worried about if she could have a behaviour disorder since my 10-year-old boy has ADHD and anxiety, or if this has something more physical to it!
COMMUNITY LEADER
   I think that there is a good chance that it is the asthma meds side effects.  Being tired is a common side effect of singulair.  And those meds can also be stimulants which makes sleeping/eating more difficult.  If any of her symptoms are allergy related, you may be able to cut down on her meds with the approach of winter.  At any rate, definitely discuss this with your doctor.  Hope this helps.  Please post if you have any more questions!