ADDICTION RECOVERY GROUP Community
301 Members

Can I save my marriage?

I haven't been on here for a while. I have been fighting with this stupid drug for a while (Tramadol). After injuring my back I ended up becoming addicted and relying on the drug to rid me of my pain. How are ways that people can get off of these and stay off of them? I am going to the pain management clinic, they finally got my refferal and called me for an appointment, my apt. is next Friday. I wish it was sooner. I notice that when I am not taking the tramadol my pain is ten fold. I don't want to ruin my marriage anymore than I have with the lying and hiding this drug. I want to make my marriage work. I know this has put my wife through the ringer and I thank God for her not leaving me. I am going to go to the groups that I need to go to but they didn't want me to start until I went to the pain management clinic. I called today and had the pharmacy discontinue my tramadol refills. It took allot to do it but I need to do it so I don't have that to go back to. What are other things that a person can do for the pain when OTC does not seem to help it? Thank you all for reading this. God Bless all of you. .
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.