ADDICTION RECOVERY GROUP Community
301 Members

Recommended Reading?

I posted this on the social forum too. I wonder if anyone would like to share about a book they have found helpful in recovery.

I'm reading "Love Is A Choice - Recovery for codependent relationships". It's helping me get to the root of why I used. To see that addiction is not always about substance abuse. It can be relationship addiction, workaholism, etc...and how relationship dynamics play into addiction for some people.
I've enjoyed some of the AA meditation books...One Day at a Time is one of them.  I forget the others.  You can get a daily meditation from Hazelden emailed to you. jenny
OMG There's so many of them...

Waking the Tiger- Dr Levine
Heroin Diaries-Nikki Sixx
The Secret-Rhonda Byrne
The Power of Now-Eckhart Tolle
Christiane F-Autobiography of a Girl of the Streets and Heroin Addict
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.