Significance of 2 Clean EMGs and Slurred Speech

Hello:

I have been twitching sporadically for about 3 months now in various parts of my body.  Some days are worse than others.  I have had two neuro exams and two EMGs (one on 3 of my limbs; the other on the bulbar region).   The bulbar EMG was just a few days ago.  Both EMGs were "clean".  One fasciculation was detected in my back on one EMG, but no deinnervation potentials were detected in either EMG.  Both the neurologist and phsyiatrist told me that any fasciculations I am experiencing are of a benign nature, and no fasciculations or other abnormalities were detected in the bulbar EMG.  They also told me that my reflexes were "normal" though perhaps slightly brisk (either +2 or +3).  Babinski sign was normal--as is my gait.  I can still run 2 miles without stopping at a decent pace, and I can surprisingly still benchpress 300 pounds.  I have no noticeable weakness or atrophy--though I do periodically get tingling and numbness in my extremities.  

Problem is that about two weeks ago I started having difficulties in my speech.  I'm not sure that it is quite a "slurring", but it is noticeable.  It ebbs and wanes over the course of the day.  In particular I am having trouble saying words that start or end in the letter "S".  Most people don't notice, but a few have.  In the morning I typically experience very little trouble.  After lunch I have more difficulty--with my words coming out a bit fuzzy.  Evenings are hit or miss. Unless I repeat it several times, the "S" just doesn't come out quite right.  I definitely do better after I rest my voice for awhile.  When I speak for an extended period of time, I have start getting tightness and pain in my throat just above the adam's apple.  I always get a sore throat after speaking for more than a minute or two.

I am not having difficulty swallowing though I have (mildly) choked on liquids a couple of times in the last month.  I have severe reflux that I control via aciphex.

So, here are my questions:

1.  Is bulbar onset still possible after a clean and recent EMG of the bulbar region?  I had two sticks in the tongue, one in the back of the neck and one in the thorassic region.  If there was a problem, shouldn't the EMG have picked it up?  Is there a need to do an EMG in the throat itself or is that even possible?  What other tests could help to shed light on my recent onset of speaking difficulties.

2.  Would speech problems associated with ALS "come and go" in the very early stages of the disease.?  Could they be limited to the letter "s" at first and then progress to other vocalizations.

I want to believe after the EMGs and physical exams that I am in the clear.  However, the speaking difficulties persist whether I am nervous or calm, so I can not simply write it off as anxiety induced.  Any guidance you could provide would be most appreciated.  
I just hope my story gives hope to someone out there. I am 57 and i lost my husband 8 years ago to ALS and our ignorance then is to be blamed for it. Our doctor then put my husband on various therapies and he ended up on an electric chair and a feeding tube. Four years after his death i was too diagnosed with ALS and this time i never wanted to end up like my husband and i just had to seek alternative treatment. I tried various alternative treatments like acupuncture, cannabis oil, holistic treatment and several therapies from professionals from around the world but my situation worsened as days went by and i was closer to my grave than i thought, i cried most of the time watching myself fade out of this earth slowly and watching me become a shadow of myself, thought about my lovely kids also who was one of the major reason i needed to fight ALS. I was fortunate enough to read several testimonies online from various ALS patients on how a herbal medicine "ELIXIR" cured ALS. This was like a dream come through. I contacted Dr Joseph and placed an order for "ELIXIR" and 3 months later the improvement and treatment is what i can describe as magical. Today i am still very healthy and active and completely free from ALS. For professional advise and how to get the medicine reach Dr. Joseph on [josephalberteo @ gmail. com] I hope you never give up because there is so much to live for.
I'm a Speech Pathologist and strongly recommend you seek a Speech Pathology Evaluation for dysphagia (swallowing) and for your speech. Your physician can recommend you. The Speech Pathologist can assist you in your swallowing problems and articulation or "slurring". Best wishes.
Terri
I just hope my story gives hope to someone out there. I am 57 and i lost my husband 8 years ago to ALS and our ignorance then is to be blamed for it. Our doctor then put my husband on various therapies and he ended up on an electric chair and a feeding tube. Four years after his death i was too diagnosed with ALS and this time i never wanted to end up like my husband and i just had to seek alternative treatment. I tried various alternative treatments like acupuncture, cannabis oil, holistic treatment and several therapies from professionals from around the world but my situation worsened as days went by and i was closer to my grave than i thought, i cried most of the time watching myself fade out of this earth slowly and watching me become a shadow of myself, thought about my lovely kids also who was one of the major reason i needed to fight ALS. I was fortunate enough to read several testimonies online from various ALS patients on how a herbal medicine "ELIXIR" cured ALS. This was like a dream come through. I contacted Dr Joseph and placed an order for "ELIXIR" and 3 months later the improvement and treatment is what i can describe as magical. Today i am still very healthy and active and completely free from ALS. For professional advise and how to get the medicine reach Dr. Joseph on ***@**** I hope you never give up because there is so much to live for.
How are you doing now I have the same symtoms?
Hi there...I am also interested in what came of your symtoms.  I have a case which is almost exactly the same as yours.  I'm 30 and wondering what these symptoms are all about.  I have been working with a neurologist and have found nothing thus far.  It's quite concerning.  Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!
I just hope my story gives hope to someone out there. I am 57 and i lost my husband 8 years ago to ALS and our ignorance then is to be blamed for it. Our doctor then put my husband on various therapies and he ended up on an electric chair and a feeding tube. Four years after his death i was too diagnosed with ALS and this time i never wanted to end up like my husband and i just had to seek alternative treatment. I tried various alternative treatments like acupuncture, cannabis oil, holistic treatment and several therapies from professionals from around the world but my situation worsened as days went by and i was closer to my grave than i thought, i cried most of the time watching myself fade out of this earth slowly and watching me become a shadow of myself, thought about my lovely kids also who was one of the major reason i needed to fight ALS. I was fortunate enough to read several testimonies online from various ALS patients on how a herbal medicine "ELIXIR" cured ALS. This was like a dream come through. I contacted Dr Joseph and placed an order for "ELIXIR" and 3 months later the improvement and treatment is what i can describe as magical. Today i am still very healthy and active and completely free from ALS. For professional advise and how to get the medicine reach Dr. Joseph on josephalberteo @ gmail. com I hope you never give up because there is so much to live for.