kicking vicodin

im wondering how  can i kick vicodin i cant afford to take off work,i take about 8 of the 7.5-750 vicodins a day its to the point now that im up at 5am every morning my bodys telln me i need them cause my leg are aching and lower back also.and soon as i take em im fine im so tired of this lifestyle and want to quit. i only feel them in the mornin when i get up when i take them its lake the rest of the day im taking them so i wont feel bad> someone plz give me some insight. also can they make your heart seem like its flutters or skips a beat .
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Not to mention what there doing to the liver! A good physician ought to be able to help you wean off of them. This will have to be done carefully tho so I would recommend seeing a doctor first. Seems like the doctors hand this stuff out like candy and are becoming part of the problem instead of the solution. Choose your doctor wisely. Good luck.
Helpful - 0
I was just curious as to how long you have been on the Vicodin?  I was on the same thing for 2 1/2 years.  My doctor was giving them to me like candy, and I got sucked in.  I'm only in my early 30's, but suffer from arthritis pain from a bad car accident years ago, in which I broke my pelvis.  I was taking up to 10 a day, and I finally got to the point to where I wasn't eating, droppped 20 pounds and got scared.  I was too embarrassed to talk to my doctor, so I quit cold turkey.  Try weaning yourself down a little at a time, to make the transition easier.  It worked for me.  There will be some withdrawel symptoms, but the worst of them only lasted 3 days for me.  Good luck to you!!!
Helpful - 0
I kicked Vicodin about 3 or 4 times cold turkey and it's a nasty experience. Usually 3 to 4 days of hell before I felt I was pretty much through it. Relapsing is so easy if you have access to it in any way, so finish the bottle or dump what you have left if you want to go cold turkey (although I think it would be really difficult to work while having hard wd's.) Can you wait to try to drop it on a 3-day weekend, President's Day, etc.? However, you will probably still feel more or less crappy on Tuesday if you begin a cold turkey kick Friday afternoon. Weaning didn't work for me since even the mild wd's made me go back to the bottle for "an extra" to ease the symptoms. Hopefully weaning can work for you and you can gradually taper and continue working without too much discomfort. Please don't do what I did and discover something else. My pain doc prescribed Tramadol after I told on myself about the Vicodin. He said that this wasn't addictive like any of those in the narcotic family. Wrong!  Before you get going with your plan, you absolutely MUST consider how you're going to manage yourself after you kick it. I thought I'd never go back, and I relapsed on Vicodin 3 or 4 times. 4 years later, and a number of cold kicks from stints on Darvocet, Norco, Percocet, admitted defeat and checked into detox because of Tramadol and Soma. Therapy with someone who specializes in addictions and/or NA meetings with a sponsor will truly help keep you from relapsing. Sorry this was so long. Stay vigilant when you get clean, good luck and be proud that you're getting this started soon.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Abuse Support Community