Acne Community

50 year old female with extremely oily skin

I am a 50 year old female with extremely oily skin.  I've had this problem since I was 12.  I was wondering if anyone could tell me if they have taken ultra low doses of accutane to help control the oil production and if there were any side effects they experienced at this age.
Try some natural remedies.  If you have been dealing with this a long time, I dont think you want to start taking any of the strong medicines for the rest of your life.
I have heard that Accutane results are unpredictable.  It may render your skin incredibly and unpleasantly dry.  It won't only dry your face, so I would worry that there could be consequences for mucus membranes, but I don't know.  I have read of people complaining about depression and wanting to commit suicide.  

I would try using white vinegar on your oily areas at night.  Use a foundation like Rimmel Stay Matte clarifying matte foundation.  

I suspect a dietary issue or food intolerance because changing my diet improved my skin.  In my case I had Celiac disease, but I also took most dairy out of my diet and fried food.  I increased fresh fruits and vegetables.  I still eat chocolate and that does not seem to matter.    Adding Metamucil could make a huge difference as it becomes a gel and absorbs cholesterol and lowers cholesterol.  Seems like that should help your skin too.  Worth a try.  Skin health is connected strongly with digestion, so it makes sense.  
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions