Acne Community

ABOUT MY SKIN-HELP ME NEED PRODUCTS

hello i have really senstive skin i am african english.its like when i use certain products i get little red rashes which tells me its not good!! i have been to the doctors to get creams  and that it don't work i have tired out so many things. I don't know what to use HELP?? any suggestions whats the best products that dont cause rashes.
I also have blackheads,discloration, uneven skin tone and scarring!!
Hi. I recommend La Roche-Posay products for sensitive skin. Order these online if they are not available near you. They virtually never produce irritation and will re-balance skin if you have to use topical products for acne or blackheads, such as Diffferin (adapalene).
If topical medication causes an adverse reaction see your doctor for an oral antibiotic to kill acne-causing bacteria. Female patients will also benefit from taking a combined contraceptive pill such as Yasmin or Dianette. This will block the action of androgens (hormones) which stimulate the sebaceous glands and cause oily skin, acne and blackheads.
I recommend Clinique's Even Better Skin Tone Corrector for discoloration and scarring, it is suitable for all ethnicities.
eloise.
hiiii, def recommend proactiv. its pretty gentle and very effective. however, it sounds as though u may be allergic to a prodct in the face wash.  Ive had friends allergic to salycic acid.  check the ingredients of what u were using and, if theyre the same your probably allergic. and i agree with eloise about the birth control. usually works wonders for the type of acne ur describing.
I have the same problem with my skin. I have had very sensitve skin since I was a child.  I can't use anything but tide to wash my clothes or Dove body soap. For my face I have been using Dermalogica products, they are a little pricey but don't cause me to get hives which is what it sounds like you are getting.  If you go to Dermalogica.com it shows all the different products and you can put in your zip code and find out where they carry it in your area.  They have alot of products made for sensitive skin too.  For my face I use the special cleansing gel which is very gentle and the Active Moist moisturizer ( it keeps your skin hydrated but is oil-free for acne prone skin)  

If you are looking for something inexpensive Aveeno has products for sensitive skin, you can also try Purpose skin care products or Cetaphil products.  Both of these are dermatologist recommended and hypo-allergenic.  Whatever you try, make sure it is fragrance and oil free ( most products for sensitive skin are).  All of these can be found at your local stores ( CVS, rite aid, etc.)

If you do get a bad case of the hives you can take Benedryl allergy medicine, it will take them away but it does make you sleepy.  

Good Luck,
Renea
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions