Acne Community

Accutane's affecting menstrual cycle!

I've been on isotretinoin 10 mg for the past 40 days now.
I dont have severe acne, but my dermatologist recommended it and said it would do me good and told me to take 10 mg because it was a low dosage and i wont need more.. (i've tried everything and my pimples go away but always come back).
So far, its been working great but my only problem is my menstrual cycle. I got my period 2 weeks after i started taking accutane and it was EXTREMELY light. And then now, 2 weeks later (it came very early), its also extremely light and i have some tiny blood clots
I've never had a problem with my period before, and im very worried. I drink plenty of water and have a very healthy diet so what is the problem?
Is this normal while on accutane?

And by the way i am in no way sexually active lol.
Seriously... get off that shiit it's poison.  I'm not kidding at all what so ever.  Stop taking it the moment you read this message.

There are better ways to treat your acne... You might have to follow a strict lifestyle and diet plan... But it's a lot better than permanent life lasting side effects caused by accutane such as PERMANENT ... yes permanent chronic for the rest of your life and existence here on Earth damage.  To your eyes, hair follicles, joints.  And some other damage such as liver damage....

Try this instead.

My background is that I have had acne for 10 years, and have tried many things.  But finally a solution!

In summary what I have been doing:
1. No more coffee in my diet.
2. No more dairy in my diet.
3. No more diet softdrinks in my diet.
4. No more refined flour in my diet, and I am greatly reducing the amount of bread products I am eating.
5. I bought a juicer, and have my lemon juice every single morning first thing.  
6. I have been washing my back with lemon juice... Not only is this killing the bacteria, it also sped up the time
of that "after redness' and discoloration of the skin where a pimple once was.
7. I have been exercising daily.  I have been doing both cardio, and yoga.
8. I use a towel 3 times only, after the 3rd use, It's time for a new towel.
9. Also when I towel my body, i 'pat' my skin dry rather than rub it dry.  This will help retain moisture in the skin.  And also not spread dead skin cells across you which my plug a pore.
10. I clean my bed sheets, blankets, and pillow case once a week.  In addition to that, I only wear clean clothes when it's bedtime, and I shower before bed, so I am clean before I go into my bed.
11. I have been drinking my 8 glasses of water a day.
12. I wear 3 shirts a day...  1 after my shower and before my bed, 1 after i get out of bed and go off for my day, and 1 after i workout.  (I know showering would help after my workout but then i just want to have 1 shower a day, not 2).
13.Hair... I wash my hair daily, and I wash it first when I shower.  The bacteria will rinse off on my body, and the bacteria will wash all over my body out of my hair.  If you want try something like head and shoulders shampoo, which is a bit harsher shampoo but will kill more bacteria rather than just 'wash it out'.  But it's also a harsher shampoo.  Or use an anti-bacterial shampoo.
14. Daily supplements... Vitamin A, Vitamin D, Vitamin E, Garlic Oil, Zinc, Omega 3, Cal/Mag/Zinc, probiotic supplement.
15. 2 cups of green tea daily, in the morning a caffeinated cup, in the evening a decaffeinated cup.
16. Getting that 8 hours of sleep, and those 8 glasses of water.
17. Also I haven't been drinking any alcohol at all.
18. I have also been avoiding legumes, peanuts, etc.
19. One surprise is that I still include my one piece of dark chocolate (85%) cocoa
20. No soy products.
21. I have been eating more fresh fruits and fresh vegetables.

In summary what I have been doing:
1. No more coffee in my diet.
2. No more dairy in my diet.
3. No more diet softdrinks in my diet.
20. No soy products.
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions