Acne Community

Acne, Blackheads, and blemishes

Hi I am 17 years old and have had very pesky acne problems along with the scars and blemishes soon after...I have tried everything from over the counter drugs, such as clean and clear, to home remedies like basil tea and such. some of these solutions have worked for a couple weeks and just when problems seem solved they appear the next morning either on my for-head chin or cheeks or somewhere where they are most noticeable. My question is what can I do to permanently erase this acne factor off of my stress list and work towards a more clean blemishless, scarless, zitless facial surface.
I am eager to hear from you Doctor, and your response.
Written Nick
Hi.
As you have found, over-the-counter remedies are of limited benefit for anything more than mild acne. There is a lack of medical evidence that home remedies work. You should see your doctor for a course of oral antibiotics such as Oxytetracycline 250mg twice daily. These kill acne-causing bacteria on the skin. Your doctor can also prescribe a prescription-strength acne gel such as Differin (contains adapalene).
If a fair trial of these medicine results in failure or relapse your doctor may refer you to a dermatologist. A dermatologist can prescribe Oral Isotretinoin (previously branded as Accuatne) which is the strongest acne treatment available.
Best Wishes, Eloise (community leader).
Seriously dont need a doctor. Only prescription I find worth it is the treatment gel you put on at night. You need a cleanser, exforliator(control oils) and your gel lotion. Just because u have oily skin does not mean u dont need to moisturize. Clinique 3 step system it will change your face. Great reviews on youtube. And I use it twice a day for 2 months now and it saved my skin. Seriously look it up. Clinique 3 step system I am skin type 3 the site will tell you which skin type u are. When it comes to your face, you get what you pay for. These products arent that expensive but they work. Here in canada they are 22$ each for you need all 3 to really get results. They seriously helped my skin so much I need to get the word out. I had acne for 10 years and the last 3 years my skin has been to it worst. I did not know what to do and doctors kept giving me creams that did not work! I was really stressed. So I did research and found products on my own and I am so happy I did!
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions