Acne Community

Acne? Allergic reaction? Hormonal Imbalance?

Ive gone back to using ProActiv and the first night I used it, my skin felt a little irriatated after the toner application. The next day my face was itchy and felt like it was getting tighter. I noticed little bumps that turned into little white pimples. its all over my chin and some appear on my cheeks. To make things worse, I naired my upper lip (haha) and i thnk it irritated my skin a little more. I ended up getting my period the day after I nair'd and i've heard that your face can get irritated off certain facial products if used when you're on your period. One more last thing.. I recently changed my skin foundations. I've been using this tinted moisturizer and mineralized press powder.. I doubt that has affect on my skin now but it could be a possible reason. Can someone please help me and tell me if this is an allergic reaction? My skin is not sensitive nor heavily oily, just inbetween. I get a few blemishes around the time of my period but nothing major. What do you think could be the reason for this reaction to my skin?
It is possible to develop an allergic reaction (allergic contact dermatitis) to a product even if you have used it before. Take an anti-histamine such as Piriton to reduce the redness and itching. Use a bland cleanser such as La Roche-Posay or Cetaphil until your skin is no longer sensitized.
If you are prone to acne and facial hair you will benefit from taking a combined oral contraceptive pill such as Diane35/Dianette or Yasmin. These block the action of androgens (male hormones) in your body.
Eloise.
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions