Acne Caused By Testosterone Treatment

I had low testosterone 225 (33 yr old male). I never had bad acne at all. Since the testopel pellets were injected my testosterone has gone to 500 which is still the low side of normal. I started getting breakouts on my face and a lot of acne on thew back of my neck and on my shoulders. Some of the pimples are very large others itch.

Ive tried some acne treatments. The pads help with the face but irritate the skin. They do nothing for the shoulders neck or upper back.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I have had the testosterone replacement done in October 2012. We may have to put more pellets in... around July or August. It's not given me more energy or really much else.
Helpful - 1
It is a huge hormonal change to your body which isn't surprising that acne would be the result.  almost like going through puberty again.   How long has it been since you have been getting injections?  I ask because I don't know anything about this and wasn't sure if it was something you had to do for years or something you did over six months, etc.  
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Acne Community

Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions