Acne Community

Acne Problem

My regular Dr put me on Minocycline 100 mg I been taking that  for about 2 weeks my face looks horrible she wanted to try me on this before she sent me to a dermatologyst I was having female problems with my period and she put me on Medroxypr ac 10 mg that has helped me !
I also have tryed several creams from acne free to nuetrogena to clean and clear advanced solutions
also things in between like aveeno and olay creams nothing seems to help and I been getting alot of white heads and some black heads!

I just need some advice on what to do ?
I would give the Minocin at least another couple of weeks before you give up on it. Also, when you say 100mg, I take it you mean that is your total daily dose. Its quite possible that you may need to take 100mg twice a day for it to be effective, particularly if your acne is severe or cystic. You may also want to discuss with your Doctor about using a prescription topical medication such as BenzaClin or Differin while on the oral antibiotics.
Please do a little research online in regard to the possible side effects of taking Minocyline.  My 18 year old daughter took Minocycline for acne for 3 months, became very, very sick and was diagnosed with drug-induced autoimmune hepatitis as a result of the Minocycline.  This is a very serious illness, and, in hindsight, was not worth the cost.

I'd suggest the following:

(For my own acne)

I use the BezaClin, It's great, does dry out your skin a bit, but if used lightly it will give you the effects your going for.

Do not try Proactive- Been there, done that-Seen all the info- commercials till i almost ran in debt- Just kidding (Those things work for some people, and others they don't)

I also take an antibiotics, Forget the name of it. But it is a sulfar base, twice daily, in the morning and one at night. I haven't had any bad side affects to date.

Another thing,

Try buying an alcohol base anti-oil thingy. Heck, it's so late here. I can't remember, Agh, yes Antiaginic i think. I will have to use the google. (ONE SECOND)

agh well, I messed up, all i've found says alcohol is bad for the skin.

heck,

oh well,

so sorry.

But the Benzaclin is a charm

-Jack
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions