Acne Community

Acne issues

I never had acne in high school and then when I got to college I started to get really bad acne so my doctor prescribed benzaclin and it worked for a while but it would dry out my face even though I put the amount that they told me to use on my face. Why isn't it working anymore? I still use it but my acne isn't going away.
It is possible to build up a tolerance to a product so ask your doctor about different ways to manage your acne until you are no longer prone to it.
There are several effective topical lotions. Differin is a retinoid which is very useful in treating acne. Duac gel is another option, which is a combination of clindamycin and BP. Dalacin-T is clindamycin alone and does not tend to dry up or irritate skin.
Oral antibiotics are another option, oxytetracycline is usually the first one doctors prescribe for spots. Loiloi xx

I had mild to medium acne during puberty but it never really seemed to stop, continued on and off into my early 20s. I tried all kinds of anti-acne products, cheap and very expensive ones, but nothing really helped. I realized that my skin tended to get dry and therefore the skin would compensate by producing 'oil' and therefore break out... It was really frustrating because I couldn't find any moisturiser that seemed to help without leading to further break-outs!

About six months ago I found 'Clinique anti-blemish' solutions, and it totally changed my skin! Approximately 3 weeks after I started using it (it's a foam, tonic and moisturiser) my break-outs disappeared and these days I only get a few spots around my period. The rest of the time, my skin is flawless! During the dry winter season I still get some dry skin, but no spots! I want to share this because I used to be so frustrated with all those skin products that didn't help. Give it a shot even though it's one of the rather expensive products!

Good luck :)
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions