Acne Community

Acne replapse help.

After being on roaccutane and then having clear skin after, I ended up having a relapse which seems to flare up from time to time. Sometimes it's nearly as bad as it used to be and it is very uncomfortable.  It's also frustrating as after nearly 7 years of trying to rid the acne it's returned!

The doctor is looking to refer me back to the dermatoligist, only I am worried that they will be unwilling to provide treatment as for a lot of the time it probably isn't as bad.  

I get cyst-like spots on my face, mainly around my ears, cheeks and jaw line, and then get raised pimples and whiteheads on my forehead and on my cheeks. It also goes down the back of my neck and onto the top of my back.  I also get lots in my hair too!! But I also get like lots of small raises pimples, that don't always get a head, which appear all over my face, shoulders and all over my chest too. But I think as they aren't always visible they won't see it is particularly bad.

My doctor is not sure how to treat it, as I haven't responded to the toppical treatments she has given me, and she doesn't know what to suggest as I've already been on roaccutane.

Is there any hope for me?!?! Are there other treatments available?
How are you? Roccutane treatment usually does not guarantee permanent cure and relapse may indeed occur. Topical and oral medications may be prescribed at this point. Also, regular  facials and superficial exfoliations or chemical peels may also help. It is best that you have this checked by a dermatologist for proper management. Repeat courses are not normally recommended, unless a definite relapse is seen after treatment is stopped. (ref: http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/skin-and-hair/medicines/roaccutane.html)
Take care and do keep us posted.
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions