Acne treatments for jawline/neck acne

I'm having problems with my acne around my jawline. :( I have tried many products, vitaimins, changed make up, ect.. but my acne does not go away. I have heard that acne around jawline maybe caused because of hormonal unbalances. But I don't want to try Birth Control Pills. Is there a method or medication out there that can reduce my acne around my Jawline and neck?

Also is there any way to reduce acne dark and red acne scars?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Acne along the jawline and the neck and back indicate a hormonal imbalance for women.  Typically, men get acne in those areas.  There is no one answer for everyone.  
The first food to get rid of, in my opinion, is cow's milk products.  That is the food that gives my daughter acne in those areas.  My daughter needed to get several things out of her diet to cure her acne.  It's not easy for her and every time she cheats, she gets flare ups.  She basically had to get rid of gluten (in wheat, barley, rye and oats), milk products (all of them), and sugar.  She follows an Atkins type diet - eats mostly rice, potatoes, vegetables, fruit, protein and fats.  It's a boring diet, but for her, it's worth it.
She has days she wants to cheat, but she has more willpower than most people (myself included).  She takes a multivitamin, a b-complex pill along with p5p (a b6 vitamin that is already broken down into useable form), and vitamin c in the morning.  At night she takes chelated zinc 50 mg.  I also add in calcium and magnesium pills at night.   Sometimes, when you start these diets, the acne flares up as the body switches
around its hormones.  But in a few days or a week or two, the acne starts clearing up.  Everyone is different.    I forgot to mention caffeine - really aggravates acne.  I hope this post helps you - it's somewhat OVERWHELMING!   But the idea is to get rid of inflammatory foods, foods that directly effect hormones, and blood sugar, spiking insulin which increases testosterone and free testosterone.  Will this help you 100% - I don't know.  But of all the dietary approaches, this one is the most likely to cure your acne or greatly improve it.  You don't mention how old you are.  If you are a teenager, check this approach (if you want to give it a try) with your parents.  If you go to the acne forum, you should be able to find someone called PinPinPatrick.  He came to the same conclusion that I did with the above diet.  I'm not saying that you'll need to do all of the above.  Maybe just getting rid of milk will be the answer for you.  But if that doesn't work, I would give the above mentioned ideas a try.  Hang in there.
Helpful - 0
Thank you :) I'm 19 years old XD And I thought my acne was going to go away but it just got worst. :( Thanks for your advice though!!! I have to admit to myself that I pig out eating unhealthy foods and load myself with caffine. :( I shall buy these vitamins tomorrow at walmart. :) Thank you so much!!!!
Helpful - 0
very detailed information and i have used the product it helped me alot may be it will help u too...http://www.quickacneremedy.com/acne-articles/jawline-acne.html
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Acne Community

Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions