Acne Community
I am almost 27 years old and I have acne that is pretty bad. I have quit drinking soda & started doing the proactiv system...first washing my face with a scrub, then an astrinigent, then moisturizer specifically for your face. The acne is bad, its down my neck and some on my chest and back. Any ideas? Help, thanks!
Hi guys, New to forum. I am 37, female. Never really dealt with acne as a teen. In my 20's I had a problem with acne on my beck and chest. And now in my late 30's on my face YUCK!. Anyhow what I discovered works great on the back and chest is dandruff shampoo. I think it's the zinc in it. I remember reading something years ago. Anyhow I tried it and it really does work. I use head and shoulders for my body wash. Vey rarely I get a pimple on my back, chest, shoulder ect. I use to have tons. Hated summer . I haven't found the cure for my face yet. But I have in the last month or so been using good old strydex pads before bed. I have to say I have noticed a huge improvement. I'm sure it all depends on what's causing ones outbreaks. But let me telll you I have tried a ton of stuff on my face! Also I have read that yogurt works well for face break outs. I started using a bit of yogurt with almond milk for a mask. Leave on about an hour and wash off with cool water. As I said I have had good results with the strydex. But still get one or two around my period. Hope this helps...
Hi Jennifer, I am now in my late thirties and have had acne for a few years now, although I never had it in my teens. I have tried so many different products and spent a fortune over the years. Thankfully I have now found a routine that works for me

1) Wash my face twice a day. Be sure to use something gentle; scrubs and strong cleansers can cause further irritation.
2) I use a lotion when my skin is really bad
3) Followed by an acne cream

Lifestyle - sadly does make a massive difference
* Drink lots of water
* take omega 3 supplements as they work to reduce inflammation
* avoid fatty foods and foods rich in omega 6
* avoid suggary foods
* Eat plenty of fruit and vegetables
* Ensure you have a good sleep pattern
* Allow relaxing times to avoid stress as much as possible

What works for one doesnt always work for another but I use the Aknicare range from a company called SkinMed and the products have worked wonders for me.

I hope that some of this will be of some help to you :)

I guess I always thought to use a scrub on my face to get dead skin cells off & keep it from cloging pores.... I do wash my face twice a day though too with a cleanser & then the proactiv stuff. I wouldnt have a problem avoiding sugary foods, but fatty foods might be, but I have stoped drinking soad, like I mentioned earlier. The larger pimples I used to get are gone now for the most part, but now I have white heads and black heads and bumps. Dont get me wrong, some are still on my neck..IDK!!! lol, i hate it
Try Max Clarity. It did wonders for my daughter. She saw a big change after one wash.
Scrubing is not a wright technique to remove acne it damage skin permanent .Try out natural treatment it may take some time but provide best results in minimum investment
Yeah I understand what you're saying about trying to get rid of the dead skin cells. It is difficult to get the right balance. I would try Aknicare's Gentle Cleansing Gel, as it will cleanse your skin without causing irritation.

Also, if you if you are exfoliating: only do it at night. As you are taking away a layer of skin effectively, you are leaving your skin vulnerable. And this is also a sure fire way to age your skin faster! Because you are exposing vulnerable skin to the elements.
In the past  few days I have been washing my face with clean and clear and then the proactiv system and it seems to be making it better, not as many popable white heads. But, I still have bumps & the acne it actually getting worse on my back and shoulders. Any ideas for back and shoulders? cause i cant really get to that area easily..... thanks
Ive never thought about yougurt before, but were you talking about eating it, or application? I am gonna try the mask you were talking about for my face, but although i have heard of, (something to the effect of...) the cultures in yougurt helping with the bacteria, i am lactose intolerant lol. thanks for the good ideas!!!
Hey, Jennifer. I just do the mask. I don't know that eating it would help your skin. Although it is really good for lots of healthy reasons. I have read you can even just spot treat pimples with it. I don't know the mask seems to be working well for me. My skin feels great after. You can google yogurt for acne there are alot of different ways to use it.
Sorry just saw the question about back and shoulders. Seriously try the dandruff shampoo. That was a miracle for me. My breakouts were really bad. I don't get any actual breakouts in those ares anymore. Maybe a stray pimple once in a while. I tried using it on my face but seems a bit harsh. Also different skin I guess. Good luck, let me know if anything helps :)
The Aknicare lotion would work well but it would be difficult to apply. I have asked them before if they do a spray but they don't at the moment but are looking into one. Guess the dandruff shampoo is a cheap and easy to obtain :)
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions