Acne Community
I am currently taking chemotherpy treatment for Breast Cancer, an have developed facial acne, would like to know what I could use on my skin without drying so.

Thank  you
Maggiemae
Hi Maggiemae, hope your treatment is going well. Certain drugs are known to trigger acne and your skin will improve once they are out of your system.
There are lots of useful products which benefit acneic skin without over drying. I like Estee Lauder's Sparkling Clean cleanser and toner for oily skin, followed by their Clear Difference oil control hydrator. Apply Freederm (nicotinamide) to affected areas. This will clear acne by reducing the inflammation, rather than drying out the skin.
If over the counter products prove to be of limited use, discuss the preparations available on prescription with your doctor. Differin is a topical synthetic retinoid which is very effective and generally better tolerated than other retinoids, with fewer side effects such as dryness and peeling.
Best Wishes, Eloise.
Hi Elosie Thank for your recommendations,  I know it has to do with my treatments. I'm doing good Thank you. I'm not use to all this break out, & haven't asked the Dr.for something.  Estee Lauder's is good, I'm passed adult acne & it boughers me.  I was having facicals every two months & it hard seeing all this happening.  I'm greatfull to be alive, I know & trust in God this will pass. Thank you again I will call the Dr. for something.

Thank you
Maggiemae
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions