Acne Community

Adult Acne

I am 38 years old & I have a problem with pimples. I wear Nutrogena skin clearing makeup & Oil free Nutrogena moisturizer.  I wash my makeup off at night with nutrogena acne glycerin bar. I have fair skin that I would classify as not very oily..I STILL BREAKOUT!  Please tell me what i am doing wrong...
I also had a problem with blemishes until I went to a knowlegeable aesthetician who told me to stop treating my skin as acneic and start treating it as sensitive.  I learned that my skin cells don't turn over as quickly and my skin needs some extra exfoliation from salicylic acid-based facial cleansers. I also learned that my skin is actually dry, when I've been told by dermatologists for years that my skin is oily.

It sounds like you have a good base to your daytime and night regimen.  Maybe add the Nuetrogena Oil Free Acne Wash with Pink Grapefruit and salicylic acid, an alcohol-free toner (like Neutrogena or The Body Shop Vitamin E or The Body Shop Aloe Toners), and a quality night creme (like The Body Shop Aloe night creme or Boots bergamot night creme) to your night regimen.  Each are under $15.  It'll probably take about a month to see results.

If this doesn't do the trick for you, look internally.  Vitamins A, Bs, C, D, and E, along with Fish Oil are all skin-friendly supplements to your diet.  I do it all!  Hope you find relief soon.
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions