Adult Acne

Hi, I am 46 years old and I have sensitive and oily/com skin,  I started to get acne in my late 20's and it is worse than ever....I have gone to many dermotologists over the years and tried just about everything, it works for a while than I have the same problem.  I get bumps around my chin area and also in my t zone area and sometimes it take weeks to get rid of them, I have a lot of scaring and discoloration and my pores very large.. Right now I am using prescriptive cleansing gel and philospy acne treatment and clariying lotion..I am at a loss can you please tell me what I can do.

Thank you,
Karen
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi. Have you taken Oral Isotretinoin (Accutane/Roaccutane) ?
If you have already tried this and relapsed, it is worth remembering that 20% of patients (including me) require a second or third course. The main reason for relapse is taking an insufficient dosage or not taking it for long enough. The older you get, the less likely you are to relapse after Accutane therapy.
Eloise.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Acne Community

Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions