Adult Female Acne

I'm a 43 yr old women, who after coming off of birth control pills, have had really bad acne along my jawline.  I have tried SEVERAL products from Proactiv, Retin-A, Doxycycline antibiotics, and back on B/C, and nothing is working.  I know it's hormonal but what's the best product (including antibiotics) can I use to level them out internally. Is there something else I can ask my dermatologist about trying?  I'm getting really desperate.  And what about Microdermabrasion for dark spots?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
A clinical examination is must for appropriate diagnosis and management of your condition. Well, without a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Take a good sleep and drink plenty of water, Stress, hormonal imbalances, lack of sleep, too much of use of makeup all can cause acne. You could try using ointments containing benzoyl peroxide/ clindamycin, and see if it seems to help. In cases of severe acne oral antibiotics may be needed. If your symptoms persist or do not show any improvement you should get evaluated by a dermatologist for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management. Whether microdermabrasion will be useful or not and should be recommended on your case can be determined only by your dermatologist. Consult your doctor and discuss your concerns.
Best luck and regards!

Helpful - 0
My new Dermatologist is running some blood work, so I should know how to proceed after the results. Thank you for your reply.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Acne Community

Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions