Any options left out there to treat adult acne?

I am a 24 year old female who has had acne since I was 12 ranging from white heads to sever cystic acne.  My entire face is layers of scars under acne that just keeps rotating zones every few years and I have been going to the dermatologist forever. I have tried over the counter washes, peroxide, weird home remedies, antibiotics, oral treatments,  topical treatments, chemical peels, laser treatments, and just finished accutane and I am worse than I ever was. We even tested my hormones and glucose and my dermatologist is out of options and I am out of money, is there anything left out there? I feel like I am losing hope on such a treatable thing.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I appreciate the response.  I've never smoked so no luck on that front for me, I also barely drink and my foods I eat are pretty medium rage (I am by no means eating a fully healhy diet not am I inhaling greasy fatty food constantly either). Though I've tried to increase my water intake drastically because I know how much that cam help. I try to keep my face washes simple but tend to change products alot when it doesn't seem to help. I will probably try Johnson&Johnson :) Still got my hopes up for that miracle remedy...
Helpful - 0
Really appreciate you discussing this post.Really looking forward to read more. Thanks for some information.
Helpful - 0
I like you have had acne for years myself and just like you tried everything even accutane. Do you smoke cigarettes? I smoked for years and after I quit my skin got much better. If you don't smoke the only thing I can say us keep your routine simple. I wash my face with Johnson and Johnson purpose face wash am and pm. In am after I wash with purpose I use st Ives green tea scrub on problem areas and once a week my whole face. I put erythromycin 2% gel (got from derm) and that I use every other day just on problem areas. But I also make sure my face is moisturized with cetaphil. La Roche posay has good stuff for our skin it's online and at cvs and walgreens. If I wear makeup I was twice with purpose. Don't get me wrong my skin is not perfect I have my good days and bad days. If you use too many products it will make it worse trust me.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Acne Community

Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions