Breakout of small red itchy spots on torso

Hello to all. Out of concern for this unknown ailment of mine that has just appeared out of the blue, I thought I would try and get some other opinions on the matter, from clever folks like yourselves who have maybe experienced what I am currently dealing with before, because I am stumped!. Ok, as the title for my question states clearly, I have had an outbreak of spots, majorily on either side of my belly area (oblique into midsection), but also appearing here and there on the underside of my forearm, my bicep area, and upper bicep slightly into my armpit. the spots do not have whiteheads on them, they are small, red, and itch from time to time. The first time one appeared to my knowledge, i was asleep, when a strong itch on my bicep woke me up. It seemed like a heat spot/lump that im sure everyone gets once and a while during the warm weather (prickly heat) I think they call it. after this, and over the course of 4-5 days, it has now spread to my torso. my arms are not that bad at all, considering this appeared to be where it originated. but now my torso area is alarming me because I cannot find a possible explanation for it on a google search. So far I have ruled out most of the usual suspects (chicken pox/measles/bed bugs/scabies/prickly heat), because i have none of the symptoms and no rash, just loads of evenly spaced little red spots. Even with bed bugs or scabies, the bites are close together and the skin is almost inflamed, I just have spots. The only thing that seems a possibility to me is some sort of bodily reaction to stress, as I have been stressed a little bit lately, but no more than usual. This and the fact I have cut my calories to 1500 a day to lose weight for the last two months, this coupled with the stress, in my mind could maybe of caused a nasty bodily reaction?. Bed bugs maybe an outside chance, but I have clean covers and mattress and practice good hygiene. I will try and post a couple of images of the most affected area for you all to see for yourselves the damage (ignore the podge, work in progress). Any help would be greatly appreciated, and thank you in advance. Vital statistics below, if they matter.

(White Male/30 years old/6 feet 2 inches/230 lbs) No known allergies. no junk food for two months. plenty of water throughout the day.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Thank you for you reply Pantx, I think you have diagnosed my condition spot on! (hopefully). After a look at some pictures of torso folliculitis on the web, it looks nailed on as the culprit, and everything you said about the heat/sweating/diet/stress all being contributive factors makes total sense!. You are a life saver, and thank you again. As for your two questions, I have answered them below.

"Any fever or other symptoms?"  None!

"The bright red spots are a bit unusual. Any chance you have been exposed to scarlet fever ?" No, never!. Those red bright red blood colored spots are a lot smaller than what they look like on the picture, but after doing some quick research, I think i have identified them as cherry angiomas, a benign vascular tumor of the skin. from what I have just read, they can  be caused by dilation of the tiny blood vessels (called capillaries) in skin. I read they can be like collateral damage of an underlying illness, so seeing as they were not there before this spot breakout, im assuming this is the culprit. There apparently not dangerous in the slightest and not a cause for concern to my relief!
Helpful - 0
One of your pictures that are more clear appear to look like mild folliculitis which is not uncommon in the conditions presented (Heat + weight loss likely increased sweating resulting in overgrowth of certain bacteria. Stress lowers immune function and make you susceptible to infection that you would not normally deal with

The bright red spots are a bit unusual. Any chance you have been exposed to scarlet fever ? The bright red spots make it more suspicious of a reaction to some kind of viral infection

Any fever or other symptoms?
Helpful - 0
http://postimg.org/image/l49cz1tzf/

http://postimg.org/image/f4r7h74eb/

http://postimg.org/image/fkvq3k8pn/
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Acne Community

Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions