Clindamycin, Doxyacilin, and Brevoxyl 4 Generic

I'm 15 years old and have had acne since I was 13, but then it was very minor, now it has elevated to moderate, and I feel if I never attempted to treat it, it wouldn't have gotten this bad, but. Heres what my dermatologist put me on.

Bevoxyl 4 Benzoil perxide 4%, wash back chest, thighs and face in shower.  Doxycilin 100mg, late in evening cause im really fair and sentivity to sun. At night before bed I wash face with a soapless gentle cleaner, or brevoxyl 4 and use clindamycin lotion. The clindamycin lotion makes my face more oily it seems, and is pretty thin, like milk. So far i've been on this regime for more than 3 weeks ,and the doxycilin and brevoxyl has cleared up my chest and back, and thighs almost completly, but my face has just been getting worse. Should I have seen results by now. My next appointment is on the 23. Should I stop clindamycin, being the only difference from my face and body acne which has cleared up. Or should I continue use. Right now on my face I have on my temples 3 hard nodules under the skin on left, and 2 on right, a few papules on each temple. A really red, but flat papule under my left eye. hundreds of blackhead on nose and under eyes, closer to cheeks. On my cheek only 1 minor pimple which I think is just a fluke, and a few bumps left over on my chin. I have 5 or 6 smaller but inflamed bumps with no heads yet, but really red.  Thanks, sorry it's so long. By the way im a Male who eats healty and exercises when I have time.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi. Clindamycin lotion may make your skin feel oily. Continue use unless this is particularly troublesome and mention this to your prescriber at your appointment.
I would expect your skin to be clear within 8 to 12 weeks so don't give up yet. It is better to persevere with one regime than to give up too soon and switch to another.
Eloise.
Helpful - 0
i am 38 and on doxycycline for 6 weeks - no real improvement yet - getting really deperessed with these spots
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Acne Community

Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions