Dermatology
Hello I am 23 Yrs Old , I am suffering from redness of nose and in an around places from last 10 yrs. When I consulted with the doctor they are saying that it is just an acne. But till date I didnt get ride of this problem. And also it has not yet cured. I dont know what to do,whom to consult,what to eat and what not to eat?.
My skin is of oily type in and around the  nose and and rest of skin i guess it is dry.

So Somebody please....please....please....HELP ME!!!!!!!!!
Hi.
There is a lack of medical evidence that what you eat affects acne. Acne is caused by high levels of androgens (hormones) common in teenagers and people in their 20s. Androgens stimulate the oil glands in the skin. Bacteria on the skin feeds off this excess oil, blocking the pores and resulting in acne.
The best way to treat this is with a course of oral antibiotics such as Oxytetracycline to kill acne-causing bacteria. In addition use a topical retinoid cream called Differin (adapalene) which is very good at clearing up the redness and soreness. Use a bland, soap-free cleanser to minimise irritation. I recommend Effaclar or Physiological Cleansing Gel by La Roche-Posay.
Find a more sympathetic doctor. If untreated, acne can cause physical and psychological scars. It should be treated quickly and robustly and not refered to as "just acne".
Best Wishes, Eloise.