Does anybody have a possible solution?

I have never had good skin, well at least since puberty hit. But I'm 19 now, almost 20, and my skin is no better. I have gone to a dermatologist once, and he prescribed me some antibiotics and 2 different creams, one facial cream with benzoyl peroxide and clindamycin, and one for my back. I forgot the active ingredients for that. But after spending a few hundred dollars on these medicines and not having really any improvement with my ance, I think it probably isn't the result of bacterial acne. I don't eat the healthiest but not the worst either. I try to keep my face clean and I use a over the counter benzoyl peroxide gel called zapzyt for help, but it doesn't seem to do much other than just help the general healing process speed up and reduce redness. I am trying to find a solution on my own without going to the dermatologist again because it was quite expensive, and I'm a broke teen living on his own. I work in a professional office and I would like to keep up a more adult look rather than the pimple ridden face I currently don. If you have maybe some pointers or you know whatever could help, I'd really appreciate it.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
My kids had good luck on a milk free diet...no cheese, no sour cream, no yogurt or anything containing milk.  Hope this helps!
Helpful - 0
I had the same skin like you have.  Got pimples on my cheeks and back and I used the same ingredients as you did use.  I also have several dermatologist consultation and to no avail was not avail to get rid of pimples.  I increase my diet with more fruits and vegetables less chocolates, fats and sugar. I have my daily exercise and drink lots of water.  I notice later that my skin becomes smoother and hydrated.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Acne Community

Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions