Acne Community

Getting Rid of Blackheads

I was wondering how to treat blackheads. I have blackheads on my chin, on my cheeks and on my nose. I get large painful pimples usually because they form from two or three blackheads. I have tried every over the counter product there is. (Stridex, Clean and Clear, Noxema, Neutrogena, St Ives, Cleansers ect.) Nothing works. What do I do?
Hi. Over the counter products are of limited benefit. Ask your doctor for Differin (adapalene) gel. This is a topical retinoid which is very effective at clearing spots and blackheads.
i have the same problem with blackheads- but they live on my nose. what to do is you can actually buy this small plucker that doesn't damage you skin and removes the blackheads- they don't even hurt, but i would reccomend putting a hot wet towel on the area before using this. you may also use a small pinching tool such as a splint remover.
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions