Home remedies

Hey, I'm Amanda. I've always struggled with acne. It's not too bad, but it's still enough to make me feel self concious. I was wondering if anyone knew any home remedies to help clear it up? Thanks in advance (:
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Thank you all very much. I'll use all of your tips to the best of my abilities :)
Helpful - 0
✰ Eat healthier; Avoid all fatty or sugary food and drinks.

✰ Omega3; Helps maintain healthy skin (prevents acne, too!), hair and nails. Most easily found in salmon, cod, and tuna, but if you aren't a fan of fish supplement tablets work just as well!

✰ Milk is not your friend; Milk contains certain hormones that can cause acne breakouts. That doesn't mean that you should not drink milk all together, just don't drink more than a glass of milk a day.

✰ Vitamins; Some vitamins are essential for preventing acne. Most important are Vitamin B5 and Vitamin A. In high doses Vitamin A gives great results to cure acne. Vitamin E is also essential for good healthy skin. A good multivitamin pill a day would also do the trick.

✰ Zinc; Eat eggs, whole grains and mushrooms - they are a good source of Zinc. Zinc can help reduce acne. The reason it can help is because it boosts your immune system, helping your body cure acne naturally.

Try to follow these tips for at least two weeks and you should see that your blemishes reduce. If you have an acne prone skin, it pays off to keep acne diet even when you don't have a breakout :)
Helpful - 0
try mixing equal parts of honey and oatmeal and leave it on your face for 15 min. until it dries, then wash away with cool water
Helpful - 0
i'm not an expert, but i do know that eating better (fresh foods no fast food) and replacing sodas with water is much better for your skin and can help clear things up. taking omega3 is also good for your skin hair and nails.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Acne Community

Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions