Acne Community

Hormonal Acne

I am thirty in January, and have recently had a massive breakout in my skin. I normally have one to three blemishes continuously throughout my menstrual cycle which normally does not bother me too much. However, I have noticed that my hair has seemed to be breaking near my hairline as well within the last few weeks, and was concerned that I have a hormonal imbalance which could be the cause of my acne flare-up and apparent hair loss. My husband went self-employed last month and we are currently uninsured, and my flare-up is enough to be keeping me up at 1 o'clcok in the morning looking for answers and solutions. Any help?
Hi. Late onset and adult acne are becoming more common in women.
Until you get medical insurance try Freederm (nicotinamide) for your acne, available over the counter.
When your insurance is sorted speak to your doctor about taking an anti-androgen pill such as Diane35. Avoid the hormonal coil, mini pill or depo-shot all of which can induce hormonal acne.
Eloise.
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions