Im having acne at 22

I had the most beautiful skin during my teenage years! and just at 20 i started getting acne pimples onmy forehed and chin, nothing so bad, but i constantly have between 3 and 6 pimples that sometimes hurt. and sometimes they are very smal that they cant be perceived verywell but i can still feel them, and it doesnt take long till they become red acne again, i dont know what can be wrong, Im a strict vegetarian( plenty of vegetables, grains, and fruit LEAN), i workout 2 hours a day and i am on a perffect BMI, i bather twice a day and i have used clinique since im 13, and the doctor says im healthy and he doesnt consider hormonal dirsorders cause he considers 6 pimples normal
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
You may be at the age where its necessary to start taking supplements or a daily vitamin to make up for what your diet lacks.  Vitamin A, Bs, C, D and E, and Fish Oil and Iron are all skin-friendly when taking them per instructions (don't exceed the recommended dose).  I started taking them a few years ago at the encouragement of an aesthetician and wish i would've started sooner.  i notice a difference when i don't take them for a couple of days.  I hope you find your answer and relief soon.
Helpful - 0
Hmm. Your diet sounds great so I can't see that being the issue. Do you stay clear from oils or are do you consume nuts and seeds as well? When I get mysterious breakouts, its usually because of two things: a) overwashing/exfoliating, or b) consuming too much peanut/almond butter or oil-based vitamins and supplements.
Working out as you know is great for the skin as long as you are sure to wash the sweat from your skin afterwards.
Think about what changed when you turned 20-- changes in your diet, cleansing routine and intake of any medications or vitamins. The tricky part about mysterious acne is that it can be one slight change in any of these areas (including hormones) that alters the balance of your skin. I'm sure with some brainstorming and experimentation you will figure out the cause.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Acne Community

Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions