Hi!

This summer I thought I had acne, but I just went to the Doctor and I have a staph infection on  my face. I have been on antibiotics for the last five months and have taken various forms of antibiotics(Keflex, doxycycline, minocycline, tetracycline) and I was wondering how long does it take for the blisters to completely stop? I know staph and acne are different, but the blisters or cysts are similar and I was wondering what I could do to get rid of the post dark spots leftover from the infection.  I am only 22 years of age and have never had this happen to me before. I also feel quite embarrassed and ashamed by my marks and use makeup every day to hide the hideous marks.  If someone could please answer my questions that would be wonderful and have a great night!
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
A clinical examination is necessary for correct diagnosis and management of your condition. Hyper pigmentation is a condition where a part of the skin becomes darker than the rest of the skin. It can occur due to sun damage, medications, allergies or inflammation. Also always use sunscreen/sunblock as dark areas on exposure to sunlight turn darker still. For some patients with severe hyperpigmentation, surgical and cosmetic intervention may help. No treatment method is optimal for an individual since each case varies. Nor can one determine the exact time needed for hyper pigmented scars to go away. The available options are hydroquinone, kojic acid, tretinoin, topical glucocorticoids etc.Laser treatments and intense pulsed light therapy have also been used to get rid of hyper pigmentation spots. Laser and IPL treatments can aggravate pigmentation in few cases. It is best to consult a dermatologist and discuss your concerns. Do keep us posted.
Take care and regards!

Helpful - 0
Thank you so much!
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Acne Community

Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions