Acne Community

Oily skin after Accutane

After trying lots of other over the counter and prescribed creams, I finally gave in and took Accutane for 8 months. It took longer than "usual" for my acne to go away, but at the end of the treatment (end Oct.) I was acne free. It stayed this way for 3 weeks, then all of a sudden my skin started getting really oily and my hair greasy after not even a day. (My hair used to get greasy quite quickly, but not like this!) Now my face is full of pimples and blackheads again. My dermatologist gave me a special cleanser to use 3 times a week, and he said I should otherwise use just water and try to do as little as possible with my skin. Problem is that I have probably the worst skin type ever, it's either really oily or super dry and flaky. When I wake up in the morning my face is covered in a thin layer of oil, so of course I need to wash it before putting on make-up. But after washing it it's all dry, so I need just a bit of lotion to moisturize. At night I use make-up remover but I feel that this doesn't really clean the pores thoroughly....
Also, I feel my skin and hair gets greasier much quicker than before I took the medication. Is this common? Will it stay this way? Any tips? I'm quite frustrated because I was feeling really good to be acne free and now my face is a mess.
I suggest you refrain from using chemically-derived face cleansing products, instead use those products made from organic ingredients. This will exempt you from further skin damage and irritation.
If the chemical reacts to the skin, stop using it. It's no use. It will only make the situation worst. Fact is not all chemical products are compatible with our skin. Or probably your skin is too young to use those kinds of products. Some treatments were successful and some were not. Why not try the natural way treatment? Clean your skin gently with a non-drying and mild soap that contains skin-strengthening herbs & other natural ingredients. Never use grease creams.
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions