Acne Community
5.39k Members
Avatar universal

Purpley coloured spot like lumps on face???

Hi there.. Im a 28 year old female with a sudden case of face (cheek and jaw area) spots and bruised pus n blood type marks / scars.. Firstly i have never suffered from any type of spots like acne type etc, neither has my parents or siblings! Infact Very rarely did i ever get a spot whilst growing up, maybe a pointless little small spot / pimple appeared once in a blue moon! However since, roughly, August time last year, i started noticing these spots appearing on my lower jaw line. they appeared to have been just a normal little spot that would vanish after maybe 2-3 days however that wasnt to be the case. Its now Febuary and they have now spread onto my lower to mid cheek aswell not to mention also appearing on the opposite side of my face which again are on lower jaw and lower to mid cheek areas. I need to mention that on the side they first appeared, the spots are now what seem like bruised scars if that makes sense and with what feels like a slight lump on one of them! i couldnt help but squeeze it when it started being noticeable but as i did, i was shocked to see what was inside which was a bloody discharge pus type liquid and horrifyingly squirted out the pore at quite a speed.. since then the area has a few times let the same pus blood type liquid escape from these little individual pin size holes which are now making up the purply bruised type scar / mark.. i am just so confused as to what they are and / or what is causing it all. I hope someone out there can try and help me even get a possibility of what may be the cause or something similar.. ANY INFORMATION MUCH APPRICIATED, Thank you.
1 Responses
1711789 tn?1361311607
Hi there!

Well, without a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of the lesions. Possibilities that may need to be considered include infections, abscess, cysts, folliculitis, inflammations, allergies, immunological issues, micronutrient deficiencies, haematological issues etc. I would suggest an evaluation by a dermatologist for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions