Red skin on the bridge of my nose.

Hi i need some help. So in April 2013 i got a group of 3 pimples on the bridge of my nose. I picked at them (I know not to now) and they started to bleed and the area became red.  So after about a week it turned to a scab and i peeled it off. After that the redness went away and there was no sign of it. Now back in september 2013 I was outside at a football game and I looked in a reflection and and noticed that area was red. Now ever since than that area is always red.  I went to a dermatologist a couple of weeks ago and he said not to worry about it and it happens to a lot of people and to just leave it alone and it probably won't go away. I need to know what I could do about this. I currently use Tinted SPF 15 to try to cover it up. I use Neutrogena Men, a prescribed Hydrocortisone Valerate Cream USP, 0.2%, and just started using Shikai Borage Therapy Advanced Formula. (I got that because I was at the Vitamin Store and it says " Soothing relief for red, itchy, irritated skin." I also bought Vitamin E liquid to take. I didn't start taking the Vitamin E yet because I was told you could Over Dose of Vitamin E. On top of all of this I take my normal daily Vitamins. I just ned any advice. Thanks!
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I would try neem soap.  It can be effective even on rosacea, which is what this could be.  
Helpful - 0
Hi thanks for the answer. So Neem soap is a bar of soap? I found this on Amazon, should i us this on my nose? http://www.amazon.com/Maximum-Strength-Neem-Oil-Soap/dp/B0009BVK0E
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Acne Community

Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions