Acne Community

SPOTTY RED SKIN

HI I HAVE LATELY BEEN GETTING A LOT OF PIMPLES I NEVER HAD THEM MUCH B4 MY FACE ALSO GOES RED AND FEELS HOT IVE BEEN HAVING TROUBLE WITH MY EYES ASWELL THEY GET DRY IN THE MORNINGS I HAVE BEEN ON OXYTETRACYLINE 4 4MTHS BUT THEY DIDNT HELP MY SPOTS ARE GETTING WORSE I DONT WANT TO GO OUT ANYMORE I SAW A DERM HE WASNT SURE IF IT WAS ROSECSA I HAVE SAW NORMAL DOCS AND THEY SAY IT DOES LOOK LIKE IT I WENT A SAW ANOTHER DERM HE DIDNT SAY WHAT IT WAS SAID IT LOOKS LIKE SOME FORM OF ACNE IM PULLING MY HAIR OUT HE HAS PUT ME ON TETRASYAL I HAVE BEEN ON THESE 2 WKS IT SEEMS TO BE GETTING WORSE THIS HAS BEEN HAPPENING SINCE NOV LAST YEAR I DONT FEEL LIKE MY SELF ANYMORE MY FACE IS COVERED IN SPOTS AND BLOTCHES I DONT WANT TO LOOK IN THE MIRROR ANYMORE DO YOU THINK IT COULD BE ROSECSA
I think you will Bactroban Cream and Dapsone Pills at site http://www.whshops.com/
Hi. How old are you? Rosacea usually affects people over 30. The good news is that Tetracycline antibiotics will help both acne and rosacea (and it is possible you have both conditions at the same time). It is not unusual for acne or rosacea to get worse before it gets better, when you start a new brand of antibiotics. They usually take about 4 months to work so don't give up too soon.
Use a bland soap-free cleanser such as Physiological Cleansing gel by La Roche-Posay. Your doctor may also prescribe a topical gel called Metrogel in addition to oral antibiotics.
You don't say if you are male or female, but there are a lot of good camoflague make-ups if you're female. Try Toleriane by La Roche-Posay or Dermablend by Vichy.
If your skin condition is causing you psychological problems, talk to your doctor about anti-depressants. I took Venlafaxine to help with my depression linked to acne, and it really helped.
Best Wishes, Eloise.
HI THANX FOR YOUR REPLY IM 40 YRS OLD IVE BEEN TRYING THE METROGEL BUT ITS NOT HELPING WITH THE SPOTS IM THINKING OF TRYING LASER GENUIS ITS SUPPOST TO BE GOOD FOR REDNESS, OPEN PORES, HAVE YOU HEARD ANY GOOD REPORTS ABOUT THIS? MANY THANX
hi forgot to ask u do you no any good moisturises if i use any thing to oily it makes my skin go red and blotchy im after somethin with no nastys in them iv tryed simple cant use it many thanx
Moisturiser is not essential for oily acneic skin as it may make the problem worse. If you have any dry areas apply a bland moisturiser by La Roche-Posay, Vichy or Cetaphil.
Metrogel is an antibiotic (metronidozole) so will kill spot-causing bacteria on the skin, but it is mainly used topically for its anti-inflammatory properties.
Lasers are often used for rosacea when topical metronidozole and oral antibiotics (usually oxytetracycline) result in failure or relapse.
I am in Bristol UK, but maybe another member could recommend a clinic in your area?
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions